Move Out Process and Instructions
Thank you for the opportunity to serve your house rental needs. The move out process can be stressful between packing, locating a new place, coordinating utilities and ensuring the return of your current home in good condition. It is our goal to help you in this process with the information contained herein to make our business with you transparent with little or no surprises throughout the process. It is our preference to return every dollar of your deposit. It is critical you continue to make your rental payments per your lease until the day you vacate the premises or the last day of your lease, whichever is latest. Security deposits cannot be used for rent per our lease.
Preferred Service Vendors
Carpet Clean - Keystone Carpet
House Cleaning - Jolie's
*mention you are a RE/MAX Advantage tenant to receive their best prices.
Here is a quick reminder of critical steps for you to adhere to ensure there are no needless charges to your account for condition or missed appointments;
- Inspections cannot be scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays. Available times are Mondays - Thursdays; 9:00am - 4pm and Fridays; 9am - 1pm.
- If for any reason the inspection cannot be performed at the agreed time, you will be charged a $100.00 return fee for a second inspection appointment.
- You may elect to drop off keys and not attend your exit appointment altogether. We will inspect within 2 business days after receipt of keys.
- Keep all utilities ON until after the inspection is completed.
- Our Field Manager will meet you at the property within a 10 minutes window of the scheduled time.
- Be present and have the property "ready" at your scheduled exit/move out inspection appointment. If you need to reschedule your exit/move out inspection, contact our office at least 24 hours prior to your appointment time.
- If you have not completed the exit inspection by the expiration of your lease, you will be charged for the extra days which will be deducted from your security deposit.
- Review the linked document entitled "Moveout Preparation Checklist" that will prepare you for your exit/move out inspection.
- A "ready" property is a property with the following;
- working utilities to allow proper review or property and its systems.
- all light bulbs working and matching within same light fixtures - no CFL type in the baths only incandescent bulbs may be used.
- copy or receipt for carpet cleaning
- all trash and person effects removed from the property. Any need to return to the property to complete clean or return trash cans to the garage will result in $65 trip charge to complete trash pickup and receptacles being returned to property.
- tenant must be ready to hand over all keys and remotes and leave the property at the time of the appointment - there is no additional access after appointment.
The purpose of a move-out walk is to note the condition of the property at the time you vacated. The field manager is there to only note condition, not determine responsibility of the condition of the property. The field manager will walk the house with you upon arrival and complete their report. You will be emailed a copy of the report. NV law allows 30 days to process the refund of security deposits and the accounting associated with it. Everything is subject to review by the property manager and owner.